The universal day of love is here — doesn’t matter who you love, just embrace your loved ones even harder. And if you are anything like my husband and I then you would rather stay home than go out on a crowded date night. Honestly, we like to stay in and have a nice meal in sweatpants, of course. So when I think of staying in, I crave a creamy pasta, it’s a perfect date night because it’s quick, easy, and simple yet seems fancy. Pair it with a glass of Cabernet and have yourself a perfect date night in!
This pasta is simple but packed with flavor from the tomatoes, garlic, and pesto. It’s so, so creamy but doesn’t feel so heavy when eating. I made it a little spicy, but you can, of course, cut back on the spice according to your taste. Also if you have leftovers, then reheat it in a pan and add milk so it is not so dry. Hope you all will enjoy your date night in with this pasta! Don’t forget to tag me at @zheelicious if you make the dish!
[Read Related: Chai Chocolate Lava Cake]
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 1 box pasta of choice (I used penne!)
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp Thai chilies, crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp pesto (optional)
- 2 cups milk, warm
- ½ cup half n half (can use milk instead)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 tbsp red crushed pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup pasta water (the water your pasta cooked in)
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- A handful of cheese (optional)
[Read Related: Open-Faced Parle-G S’mores]
- Cook the pasta according to the packaged direction.
- In a pan heat some oil, add garlic slices and saute for about a minute. Add Thai chilies, tomato paste and cook for another minute.
- Add tomatoes cook until they are softened, about 5 minutes. Add all the spices, then slowly add the milk and half and half. Keep mixing the sauce, it should get a bit thicker.
- Add in the cooked pasta along with the pasta water.
- Add in the spinach, mix everything really well. Add cheese if using. Turn off the stove.
- Enjoy hot!
Love your loved ones extra hard today, and stay hungry!