Hello, all you beautiful brown girls! My name is Hina Patel and I am Brown Girl’s social media coordinator for Facebook. I’m your typical 20-something-year-old that is just looking for a place to fit in this crazy huge world.
I’m grateful to be a part of Brown Girl because it has allowed me to find my niche along with other independent, passionate, free-spirited women. I could not be happier to have finally found a place where thought and opinions align with my views.
I was born and raised in New Jersey and went to school in Philadelphia. While in Philadelphia, I discovered my passion for social media and digital media. Brown Girl Magazine is where I realized I could do this for the rest of my life! (Yea, I seriously mean it, till death do us part).
Some fun facts about me:
- I am a bookworm. My favorite book is “The Great Gatsby” and the entire Harry Potter series!
- I studied marketing and fashion design during undergrad. While my parents wanted me to pursue a stable career in business, I wanted to study design, so I ended up doing both!
- I’m a painter and a dancer.
- I am extremely close to my family, I consider my older brother one of my best friends.
- I am a fashion and makeup junkie. I have too many eyeshadow palettes for any sane person to own. I obsess over Lakme Fashion Week more than any other fashion week.
- I am obsessed with dogs.
- I keep a bucket list with me at all times, and one of the items on my bucket list is to travel around the world for an entire year. For 365 days, I want to lead a nomadic existence and explore the beauty of this world!