The Fallout from Wisconsin: What We Need to Know to Move Forward

The shooting that occurred August 5th, 2012 at the Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin was a tragedy of horrific proportion that invoked a response from groups across America.

Documentary Review: “I saw Saving Face…”

The Oscar winning documentary begins with a gripping intro of Zakia, a 39 year old Pakistani woman, an unfortunate victim of an acid attack…

The Sindhi Voices Project

The Sindhi Voices Project (SVP) is a community initiative at the intersections of digital media and oral history. SVP engages people in the production of their histories and hopes to spark inter-community and inter-generational dialogue along the way.

The US Government Cares about Sinhala?!

Not only do they care about Sinhala, the American government cares about fourteen other South Asian languages including Bengali, Gujarati, Farsi, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Marathi, Malayalam, Nepali, Punjabi, Pashtu, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu. So the question is, why?

Forgotten and Abandoned: Aruna Shanbaug

Aruna Shanbaug was just your average nurse. She loved her job. Amidst the patient caring, the nurse was aware of her duties.

Pink Everywhere

It is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. It is time to wear your pink!

CNN Heroes: Anuradha Koirala

Every year, CNN honors these individuals whom they title “CNN Heroes.” This Thanksgiving we will watch as Anuradha Koirala, one of CNN’s Top 10 Heros for 2010, will grace the world with her story.

Charity:Water

It is September. Charity:Water has a September campaign for the Bayaka, an African Pygmy Tribe.

One Laptop Per Child

Today, while indulging in my daily Indian news I came across this article that talked about the Government of India releasing a tablet much like Apple’s ipad.

Smile Pinki

I’m sure everyone has seen an advertisement to help a child with a cleft lip. Cleft lip is a birth defect where the tissues of the upper jaw and nose do not join correctly during the gestational period.